Pumpkin desserts are seasonal and trendy. Instead of indulging in a sugary drink made out of faux-pumpkin, why not make a health pumpkin treat?
Healthy Pumpkin Desserts
Pumpkin desserts can be healthy. The main ingredient should be pumpkin puree. If you don’t want to struggle to make it from an actual pumpkin, buy the canned version. It is just pumpkin puree with no added ingredients. Then make whatever pumpkin desserts you want: muffins, cookies, breads or whatever you are craving. How about pumpkin chocolate chip cookies?
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
These soft Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies, made with pumpkin puree, pumpkin spice, and cream cheese, have a cake-like texture and lots of pumpkin flavor.
Ingredients (makes 36 cookies)
▢4 ounces 1/3 less fat cream cheese, softened
▢2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
▢3/4 cup monk fruit brown sugar, Lakanto or use regular brown sugar if you prefer
▢1/4 cup monk fruit sweetener, Lakanto or regular sugar
▢1 large egg
▢1/2 cup canned pumpkin puree
▢1/4 cup 1% buttermilk
▢1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
▢1-3/4 cup all purpose flour
▢1 teaspoon pumpkin spice
▢1/2 teaspoon baking soda
▢1/2 teaspoon salt
▢1/4 teaspoon baking powder
▢3/4 cup sugar-free chocolate chips, such as Lily’s
• Preheat oven to 350F. Line 3 baking sheets with a silicone mat or silpat (or bake in batches).
• In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, butter and sugars together until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
• Add the egg; beat well. Mix in pumpkin, buttermilk and vanilla.
• In another bowl combine flour, pumpkin spice, baking soda, salt and baking powder; gradually add to pumpkin mixture; mix well.
• Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls, 1 ounce each, 2 inches apart onto the silicone lined baking sheets.
• Bake 14 to 15 minutes or until golden, rotating the baking sheets halfway.
• Remove to wire rack to cool.
Nutrition (per serving size of 2 cookies)
Calories: 95 kcal,
Carbohydrates: 25.5 g,
Protein: 2.5 g,
Fat: 3.5 g,
Fiber: 3 g,
Sugar: 1 g
Click here to get entire recipe for healthy pumpkin desserts.