My Approach to Nutrition Coaching
Benefits of Nutrition Coaching
Nutrition coaching is a whole new approach to losing weight. It’s not like any weight loss program you’ve ever tried! You may feel like a failure from your experience with other diets. This is not a diet! It’s a way to start living a new healthy lifestyle. It works because it teaches you practical habits that you can sustain.
In many ways nutrition coaching is a variation of psychological counseling. We will talk about all of the things in your life that are preventing you from sticking with a healthy diet and getting into a regular exercise routine.
Once we identify the road blocks, we work as partners to devise realistic ways to get them out of your way and get on a healthy path for the rest of your life.
Why Do We Need Nutrition Coaching?
In today’s hectic world, it’s easy to see why people are gaining weight and living unhealthy lifestyles. After all, we sit all day, are stressed to the max, and eat ginormous portions.
Here are the startling statistics:
- 74% of Americans are overweight or obese
- 80% do not meet the CDC’s recommendations to exercise 150 minutes per week
- more than 1/2 of all Americans will develop type 2 diabetes during their lifetimes
Why is this happening?
- We don’t have time to plan our meals so we go for convenience food
- Restaurant dining and super-sizing have distorted our sense of portion sizes
- We eat way too much processed food that doesn’t keep us full
- We buy junk food and then use it to satisfy our emotional needs
- Chronic stress and scrimping on sleep lead to weight gain
- We sit all day and rarely make time for exercise
How Does Nutrition Coaching Work?
- I teach you how to live in the real world with all the temptations
- I help you become more aware of your eating habits so you can start changing them
- We work together as partners; I don’t tell you what to do
- We set specific goals which are small steps that will get you to a healthier lifestyle
- I hold you accountable for meeting your goals
- We explore your relationship with food and learn how to put it in its rightful place
- You learn how to stop using food to satisfy emotional needs
- You learn how to successfully navigate restaurant dining, vacations, etc.
- You develop a new sense that you are in control of your eating habits
- When you have completed your coaching, you will have the skills you need to keep the weight off!
Tired of quick weight loss diets that just don’t work?
Contact me at EberLorie@gmail.com or 714-357-9946.
Nancy’s Success Story
Lorie Eber is so great at her job it’s truly amazing! I was not an easy convert… after more than 20 years of yo-yo dieting, I was not ready to make “lifestyle” change. Every diet I have ever tried has left me feeling deprived and craving all the foods I wasn’t allowed to eat…
Andrea’s Success Story
I have been working with Lorie for three months. She has a simple approach – change habits slowly so the healthy ones stick! It has been a life changing experience. I have much healthier “go to” habits now. I am exercising regularly, sleeping normally, eating healthy, and drinking more water….
Dana’s Success Story
I came to Lorie with the weight problem paramount in my mind at first, and with health and energy/tone issues secondary. Lorie made it clear that my first problem was related to the secondary ones, and that my overall problem was a series of “bad” habits…