Banana desserts range from sugary concoctions to simple healthy desserts. Bananas foster is the long-standing decadent banana dessert.
Classic bananas foster is made with butter, brown sugar, rum, bananas, walnuts and spices and then topped with a generous serving of vanilla ice cream. It’s also lends itself to an enjoyable restaurant experience when the alcohol is flambeed tableside.
Healthy Banana Desserts
There are a wide variety of healthier banana desserts from muffins to energy bars. Also, bananas can serve as a healthy substitute for oil in many dessert recipes. This recipe is one of the easiest and healthiest ways to create a banana dessert. This recipe will taste decadent, like bananas foster without all the butter and extra calories.
I love the simplicity of this recipe, which is a great way to use up ripe bananas. Topped with honey and cinnamon, the bananas smell amazing as they bake. They’re perfect for dessert, snack, or even breakfast. Delicious served with whipped cream, fro-yo, chopped nuts, or oatmeal.
SIMPLE BAKED BANANAS
Baked Bananas are the perfect, healthy dessert. They taste decadent, like bananas foster without all the butter and extra calories.
• 1 medium ripe banana, cut in half lengthwise
• 1/2 tablespoon honey
• cinnamon, to taste
• Preheat oven to 400F degrees.
• Arrange banana on an oven safe dish or foil.
• Sprinkle with cinnamon and honey.
• Cover tight with foil and bake for 10 to 15 minutes, depending on how soft you like them.
• Enjoy as is, or (optional) add some whipped cream or light ice cream on the side.
Click here for more about banana desserts.