Looking for a biscotti cookie recipe? Skinnytaste.com has a great healthy cranberry pistachio biscotti recipe. If you’re looking for a sweet treat and love crunchy cookies, a healthy biscotti cookie is your answer.
Cranberry Pistachio Biscotti Cookie Recipe
Don’t you just love a good biscotti in the morning with a cup of coffee? These Italian biscotti cookies are loaded with pistachios and cranberries, twice baked to form a crispy delicious cookie, perfect for dunking!
INGREDIENTS (makes 36-38)
• 1-3/4 cup all-purpose flour and more for dusting
• 1-1/2 tsp baking powder
• pinch of salt
• 3/4 cup whole unsalted shelled pistachios
• 1/3 cup craisins
• 2 tbsp unsalted butter, softened
• 3/4 cup superfine sugar, you can put sugar in food processor
• 2 large eggs
• 1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 375°.
2. Line baking sheet with silpat or parchment paper.
3. In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt.
4. Add pistachios, cranberries and mix.
5. In a stand mixer, mix butter and sugar on medium speed for 1-1/2 minutes.
6. Add vanilla and eggs, one at a time.
7. Add the dry ingredients and mix on low speed until just combined to make a dough.
8. Remove the dough (if too sticky sprinkle flour over it and on work surface).
9. Divide into three pieces and form into long flat logs about 11 inches long x 1-1/2 inches wide.
10. Place on the lined baking sheets and bake 20-25 minutes.
11. When cool enough to handle, gently cut the loaves on the angle into 1/2-inch slices (a serrated bread knife works best).
12. Return to the baking sheet fitting as many as you can on the baking sheet, you may need to do this in batches.
13. Bake the biscotti for another 3-4 minutes on each side, less if you like it softer.
NUTRITION (per cookie)
Click here for complete biscotti cookie recipe.