Looking for a high protein salad recipe? Many salads have little or no protein. While you will feel full after eating it, you will soon be hungry due to the lack of protein. Protein is the nutrient that takes your body the longest to digest and keeps you full the longest.
High Protein Salad Recipe
Try this high protein salad recipe and you’ll be full for 4-5 hours. If you have leftover rotisserie chicken or cooked chicken breast, make this high-protein chicken salad as an easy lunch option.
Lean shredded chicken is combined with creamy yogurt, crispy apples and sweet grapes for a tasty, tangy combo.
Serve between 100% whole grain bread and you have a satisfying, packable lunch. If you’d rather go low-carb, you can sub in a side salad instead of the bread.
Easy Chicken Salad Recipe
Ingredients (serves 6)
• 1 pound (454 grams) cooked chicken breast or rotisserie chicken, shredded (about 4 cups shredded)
• 1/2 cup diced red onion (about 1/2 medium red onion or 60 grams)
• 1/2 cup diced apple (about 1/2 small apple or 75 grams)
• 2/3 cup (100 grams) quartered or halved grapes
• 2/3 cup (165 grams) plain 2% fat Greek yogurt (certified gluten-free if necessary)
• 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice, or more, to taste
• 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
• Salt and pepper, to taste
• 12 slices of 100% whole grain bread (about 100 calories each)
• 6 medium lettuce leaves
1. In a large bowl, combine shredded chicken, red onion, apple, grapes, Greek yogurt, lemon juice, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Mix until well combined.
2. Using a 3/4 cup measuring scoop, portion out the chicken salad. Serve with a lettuce leaf and 2 slices of 100% whole grain bread.
3. Note: Serving Size: 3/4 cup (about 5 ounces or 142 grams) + 2 slices whole grain bread + 1 medium lettuce leaf
Nutrition (per serving):
Total Fat: 6g
Dietary Fiber: 7g;
Add 1/3 cup dried cranberries into the chicken salad before mixing to increase calories, carbs and sweetness.
Add 1/2 cup chopped almonds or nut of choice into the chicken salad before mixing to increase calories, protein and healthy fats.
Click here for complete high protein salad recipe.