Here’s a healthy turkey salad recipe that you can make in 10 minutes. It’s easy to make and versatile. You can enjoy it as a salad or make it into a sandwich or wrap. Make it ahead and have it ready in the refrigerator to take with you when you leave the house in the morning.
While many store-bought chicken and turkey salads are calorie bombs loaded with mayonnaise, this turkey salad recipe from MedlinePlus.org is easy to assemble and a lot healthier.
Healthy Turkey Salad Recipe
Ingredients (makes 8 servings)
• 1 1/2 cups cooked turkey or smoked turkey, diced
• 1/2 cup walnuts, toasted and chopped
• 1/2 cup raisins or other dried fruit
• 3/4 cup celery, chopped (about 1.5 stalks)
• 1/4 cup diced red or yellow onion (1/4 medium onion)
• 1/4 cup diced carrot
• 1/4 cup parsley, chopped (optional)
• 1 red apple, cored and chopped (about 1 1/2 cups)
• 1/3 cup low-fat mayonnaise or Greek yogurt
• 1 Tablespoon vinegar (cider, red or white)
1. Mix turkey, nuts, raisins, celery, onions, carrots, parsley and apple in a large bowl.
2. In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise and vinegar; mix well.
3. Toss meat mixture with dressing and chill.
4. Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
• Serve cold with lettuce and tomato wedges, or use as sandwich filling.
Nutrition (per ½ cup serving)
Click here to read full turkey salad recipe.