Sheet pan chicken dinner is the way to go. You come home tired. It’s important to be practical and to minimize preparation and clean-up time. I like this recipe because it also contains a lot of healthy vegetables as well as a starch component. It’s very easy to assemble. Just place all the ingredients on a sheet pan and do other things while it bakes.
Sheet Pan Chicken Dinner
Here’s a sheet pan chicken dinner recipe. It’s very healthy. It uses chicken breasts which are lower in fat than the dark meet. It also contains bell peppers, which are low in calories and are loaded with good nutrition. All varieties are excellent sources of vitamins A and C, potassium, folic acid, and fiber.
Cooked potatoes with skin are a good source of many vitamins and minerals, such as potassium and vitamin C. They are primarily composed of carbs and contain moderate amounts of protein and fiber — but almost no fat.
Chicken Pepper Bake
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes
Total time: 60 minutes
Number of Servings: 5
• 1 pound boneless chicken breast
• 2 red or green bell peppers
• 3 cups small potatoes
• 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
• 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
• 1 teaspoon dry Italian herbs
• salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 425 °F.
2. Cut the chicken, peppers and potatoes into bite size chunks. Put into a large bowl.
3. Sprinkle chicken and vegetables with the rest of the ingredients.
4. Stir to coat evenly.
5. Place the chicken and vegetables on a metal baking pan.
6. Roast in oven for 35 to 45 minutes or until potatoes are soft and chicken is no longer pink and the internal temperature reaches 165 °F on a food thermometer.
7. Toss a couple times while roasting.
• Try with tofu, pork or beef instead of chicken.
• Roasting time will vary depending on size of pieces.
• Smaller pieces will cook through sooner.
Nutrition (per 1 cup serving)
• Calories 280
• Total Fat 9g
• Total Carbohydrate 20g
• Dietary Fiber 3g
• Protein 31g
Click here to get full recipe for this sheet pan chicken dinner.