A quick healthy breakfast is a must. But what is a quick healthy breakfast? Some examples are whole wheat toast with nut butter or avocado or Greek yogurt and berries. Eggs are a great healthy way to start the day with a healthy dose of protein and other nutrients. But who has time to make an omelet?
Try this recipe for a quick heathy breakfast.
Veggie Omelet in a Mug
Ingredients (one serving)
• 2 eggs
• 2 Tablespoons low-fat or nonfat milk
• 1 dash salt
• 1 dash pepper
• 1/4 cup finely chopped vegetables (any type)
• 2 Tablespoons grated cheese (any type)
1. Wash hands with soap and water. Gather ingredients and cooking tools.
2. Lightly grease the inside of a 12-ounce microwave-safe mug.
3. Use a fork to combine the eggs, milk, salt and pepper in the mug and stir well. Mix in the vegetables and cheese.
4. Microwave on HIGH for 45 seconds. Stir.
5. Return to the microwave and cook on HIGH until the mixture has puffed and set, 60 to 90 seconds.
6. The omelet may look wet on the top but it will dry as it cools.
• To make a meal, serve with a slice of whole grain toast and fruit.
Nutrition (per one serving)
Total Fat 15g
Total Carbs 5g
Click here to get full recipe to make a quick healthy breakfast