Wondering how to cook salmon? You’ve probably heard about all the benefits of eating fish and the heart healthy Omega-3s in salmon in particular. Yet many of us are intimidated by the prospect of cooking it.
Here are two simple recipes that you can’t mess up. One of for an air-fryer and the other is for a baking in the over. Give it a try. Conquer your fear of cooking fish!
Here’s How to Cook Salmon Two Ways
Learn how to cook salmon in a healthy way from this Skinnytaste.com recipe.
AIR FRYER SALMON WITH MAPLE SOY GLAZE
INGREDIENTS (makes 4 servings)
• 3 tbsp pure maple syrup
• 3 tbsp reduced sodium soy sauce, or gluten-free soy sauce
• 1 tbsp sriracha hot sauce
• 1 clove garlic, smashed
• 4 wild salmon fillets, skinless (6 oz each)
1. Combine maple syrup, soy sauce, sriracha and garlic in a small bowl, pour into a gallon sized resealable bag and add the salmon.
2. Marinate 20 to 30 minutes, turning once in a while.
3. Preheat air fryer to 400F. Lightly spray the basket with nonstick spray.
4. Remove the fish from the marinade, reserving and pat dry with paper towels.
5. Place the fish in the air fryer, in batches, air fry 7 to 8 minutes, or longer depending on thickness of the salmon.
6. Meanwhile, pour the marinade in a small saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium-low heat and reduce until it thickens into a glaze, 1 to 2 minutes. Spoon over salmon just before eating.
BAKED SALMON WITH MAPLE SOY GLAZE
1. Combine maple syrup, soy sauce, sriracha and garlic in a small bowl, pour into a gallon sized resealable bag and add the salmon. Marinate 20 to 60 minutes, turning once in a while.
2. Preheat oven to 425°F. Lightly grease a baking sheet with nonstick spray. Remove the fish from the marinade and pat dry with paper towels. Pour the marinade in a small saucepan.
3. Place the fish on the baking sheet and cook 8 to 10 minutes. Meanwhile, bring the marinade to a simmer over medium heat and reduce until it thickens into a glaze. Spoon over fish just before eating.
NUTRITION (Serving size: 1salmon)
Click here to learn how to cook salmon two ways.