Healthy cookie recipes can be hard to come by. Most cookies are made with white flour and large amounts of butter or oil and sugar. But there are healthy cookie recipes out there, like this one form MedlinePlus.com.
Substitutions Make for Healthy Cookies
Substitutions are the key ingredients in healthy cookie recipes. In this recipe, oats are used for the flour and the bananas serve as a stand-in for butter or oil. The ripe bananas and spices add sweetness instead of added sugar. Little changes go a long way.
Banana Oatmeal Cookies
Ingredients (makes 7 servings of 2 cookies each)
• 2 very ripe bananas
• 1 cup oats (quick or old-fashioned)
• 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
• 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
• 1/2 cup raisins
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a medium bowl, mash bananas with a fork until mostly smooth.
3. Add oats, cinnamon, vanilla and raisins. Mix well.
4. Drop spoonfuls of dough onto lightly sprayed or oiled baking sheet. Flatten with the back of a spoon or bottom of a drinking glass.
5. Bake 10 to 15 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool before serving.
• Texture will be best when freshly made.
• Try dried cranberries or chopped nuts instead of raisins.
Nutrition (per 2 cookie serving)
Click here to add this to your healthy cookie recipes.