Looking for Grab-N-Go breakfast ideas? Here’s one that takes only five minutes to put together. You can tell yourself it’s a banana split.
This grab-n-go recipe comes from MedlinePlus.com. I’d advise adding more protein so that you have about 20 grams of protein for breakfast. You could add nuts, chia seeds, flax seeds or even mix some nut butter into the yogurt. You could also bring a hard-boiled egg.
Grab-N-Go Breakfast Recipe
A lot of us get up and start running. We might be squeezing in some exercise or getting the kids off to school. These days we might be doing an early morning Zoom call. Or maybe we’re just trying to get a jump on the commute.
If you hit the ground running, you need some easy, healthy grab-no-go breakfast ideas. You could prepare something the night before, like overnight oats or an egg scramble, but if not, here’s something you can assemble in less than 5 minutes.
Healthy Breakfast Banana Split
Ingredients (makes 2 servings)
• 1 small banana
• 1/2 cup oat, corn, or granola cereal
• 1/2 cup low-fat vanilla or strawberry yogurt
• 1/2 teaspoon honey, optional
• 1/2 cup canned no-sugar-added pineapple tidbits or chunks (drained)
1. Peel and split banana lengthwise. Place half in two separate containers.
2. Over each banana, spoon yogurt, sprinkle cereal and drizzle honey, if desired.
3. Top with pineapple and serve immediately.
4. Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
• Try other flavors of low-fat yogurt, plain yogurt, or cottage cheese.
• Try other fresh, frozen, or canned fruits.
• Substitute berries or other fresh fruit.
• Add nuts or seeds for more protein.
Total Fat 4.5g
Click here for more grab-n-go breakfast recipes.