Cold fruit soups can be very refreshing on a hot and muggy summer day. The beauty of this recipe from allrecipes.com is that it combines cold fruits and vegetables in one.
Gazpacho is a very common summer vegetable recipe and this fruit and vegetable recipe has the typical gazpacho ingredients in it but also benefits from the addition of mint, ginger and watermelon. Why not go on a food adventure with cold fruit soups?
Watermelon Gazpacho Recipe
Ingredients (makes 10 servings)
• 6 cups cubed seeded watermelon
• 2 English (hothouse style) cucumbers, chopped
• 2 red bell peppers, chopped
• 1 onion, chopped
• ½ jalapeno pepper, finely chopped
• ¼ cup lemon juice
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• 3 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
• 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
• 3 tablespoons honey
• ½ cup pineapple juice
• 20 small mint leaves
1. Reserve 20 small pieces of watermelon for garnish.
2. Working in batches, place the remaining watermelon, the cucumbers, red bell peppers, onion, jalapeno pepper, lemon juice, olive oil, 3 tablespoons of fresh mint, the ginger, honey, and pineapple juice into a blender, and blend for about 30 seconds per batch.
3. The mixture should be well blended but retain some texture.
4. Pour into a large pitcher or bowl, and refrigerate 1 hour.
5. Serve in bowls, and garnish each bowl with a couple of chunks of the retained watermelon and 2 small mint leaves.
Nutrition in Cold Fruit Soups (per serving)
Click here to get full cold fruit soup recipe.