Arugula is a salad green that packs a punch in terms of nutrition and flavor. It tastes peppery. Many people don’t know how to use it. Here’s an easy, healthy recipe to try.
Whenever I make salmon for dinner, I usually cook an extra piece for lunch. You can use that extra piece to make this arugula salmon salad with capers and shaved Parmesan – loaded with good fats and omegas!
ARUGULA SALMON SALAD
INGREDIENTS (makes 1 serving)
• 1 1/2 cups baby arugula
• 4 oz cooked sockeye wild salmon, skin removed
• 1 tsp capers, drained
• 2 tsp red wine vinegar
• 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
• 1 tbsp shaved parmesan, about .25 oz total
• salt and fresh pepper to taste
1. I used leftover salmon, but if using raw salmon, simply season it with a little salt and pepper and bake it for about 10 minutes 400F, or in a pan lightly sprayed with oil. You can also air fry salmon 400F 6 to 8 minutes.
2. To make the salad, place the arugula on a dish, sprinkle with salt and fresh cracked pepper and top with salmon and capers.
3. Drizzle a little oil and vinegar on top and finish off with fresh shaved parmesan.
Nutrition (per serving)
Click here to get full recipe.