Looking for air fryer side dishes? I just got a new air fryer and it is quick and does the trick in terms of crisping up veggies. Using your air fryer is an easy way to add more veggies to your diet. Did you know that ½ of your dinner plate should be filled with vegetables?
Air Fryer Side Dishes
Air fryer side dishes are prolific on the Internet. I’m a hug fan of Skinnytaste. She has a separate air fryer cookbook that contains lots of tasty side dishes. In my air fryer I’ve “fried” Brussels sprouts, many types of squash, mushrooms, and even radishes.
Try this air fryer side dish. I buy the butternut squash pre-cubed.
AIR FRYER BUTTERNUT SQUASH
Here’s an easy recipe for Air Fryer Butternut Squash with a hint of spices. This healthy side dish is quick, tender and delicious!
INGREDIENTS (4 servings)
• 1 1/2 teaspoons onion powder
• 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
• 1/2 teaspoon sweet paprika
• 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
• 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
• 1 teaspoon brown sugar, optional
• 4 heaping cups peeled and diced butternut squash, 1 –inch cubes, 24 ounces
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
1. Place butternut squash in the air fryer basket and spray with olive oil spray.
2. Air fry 340F 20 to 23 minutes*, shaking the air fryer basket a few times until the squash is fork tender and golden.
3. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the onion powder, garlic powder, sweet paprika, cayenne, salt and brown sugar, if using.
4. When the squash is tender, drizzle and toss the squash with olive oil.
5. Add the spice mixture and toss gently to coat; cook 3 to 4 more minutes. Serve hot.
*If your air fryer basket is smaller, add more time, as needed until tender. If you cut your squash in larger pieces, it will need more time.
NUTRITION (per 1 cup serving)
Click here for air fryer side dishes.