A well balanced diet is one that focuses on variety. As a Certified Nutritionist, my favorite well balanced diet is the Mediterranean diet. It is backed up as one of the healthiest diets by decades of research.
What is a Well Balanced Diet
Given all the popular fad diets, Keto, intermittent fasting, Dukan, etc., sometimes we lose sight of the ease of adopting a well balanced diet. You will find that when you do so, it is an eating regimen that you can stick to and lead a normal life.
This recipe is an excellent addition to a well balanced diet. It’s also a good way to use up Thanksgiving leftovers.
Turkey Cranberry Quesadilla
Ingredients (makes 1 serving)
- 1 8-inch whole wheat tortilla
- 2 Tablespoons shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 Tablespoons cranberry sauce or dried cranberries
- 2 Tablespoons cooked turkey, chopped or shredded
- 1/3 cup spinach
- Sprinkle shredded cheese evenly over one half of the tortilla. Add cranberry sauce or dried cranberries, turkey and spinach, then fold the tortilla in half over the filling.
- Heat a medium skillet over medium heat (300 degrees in an electric skillet). Lightly spray with cooking spray, then place tortilla in the skillet. Cover and cook for 2 to 3 minutes on each side, or until the outside is golden brown and contents are heated through.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
Substitute beans, tofu, or other cooked meat for the turkey. For extra flavor, add a dash of cayenne pepper or chili powder before folding the quesadilla in half.
Dietary Fiber 4g
Click here for full recipe to include in a well balanced diet.