A tzatziki dip recipe is a real find because dips can be very caloric. We typically eat dip mindlessly so whether the dip is caloric, like a cheese dip, or healthy, like this Greek Tzatziki dip, makes a big difference.
Tzatziki is a creamy Greek yogurt sauce with cucumbers and fresh garlic. This is a versatile sauce that is the perfect accompaniment to many Mediterranean dishes. You can also slather it on your sandwiches; or simply use it as a dip with warm pita and your favorite vegetables.
Tzatziki Dip Recipe
INGREDIENTS (makes about 50 servings)
• 2 cloves garlic, cut in half
• 1-1/2 Tbsp olive oil
• 4 cups Plain Greek yogurt (whole or reduced fat)
• 3 medium cucumbers
• 1 Tbsp dried mint flakes
1. Add garlic cloves to olive oil and set aside for a few minutes to let the garlic infuse into the oil.
2. Empty yogurt into a large bowl.
3. Discard liquid that comes from chopping the cucumber.
4. Mix cucumber and mint into yogurt.
5. Discard garlic cloves from the olive oil and stir olive oil into yogurt mixture.
6. Taste test and add in more cucumber or dried mint to taste.
7. Refrigerate and serve cold.
NUTRITION (per 1-1/2 tbsp serving; using whole milk yogurt)
Total Fat: 1.4 g
Carbohydrate: 1.1 g
Total Sugars: 1.7 g (Added, 0 g)
Protein: 1.2 g
Click here for full Tzatziki dip recipe.