Here’s a sea bass recipe to add to your fish repertoire. Many of us are trying to eat more fish, but get stuck with salmon. We are reluctant to try other fishes because we don’t know how to prepare them. How about a healthy sea bass recipe?
Health Benefits of Sea Bass
Great Source of Protein
Any nutritionist will tell you that a high protein diet will help you keep satisfied and full of energy. Protein is one of the most vital building blocks for life and is just as important when it comes to keeping a healthy weight. Since proteins control your metabolic rate, having a healthy protein diet will help your body run more efficiently. Thankfully Chilean Sea Bass is very high in protein.
High in Omega 3s
Much of the flavor that Chilean Sea Bass contains is due to its high levels of Omega-3 Fatty acids. This aspect of the fish makes it not only delicious, but makes it very beneficial to your health.
Omega-3 fatty acids are beneficial for many reasons. One is for eye health. Omega-3 helps keep your eyes healthy by fighting off macular degeneration and it also keeps your eyes from getting too dry. This benefit becomes even more important with age, as aging can lead to issues with vision and overall eye health.
But, the most important benefit of Omega 3 Fatty Acid is it is a major force in fighting inflammation in the body.
Inflammation is an important function in the body as it helps injured areas in the body avoid any additional injury and begins the healing process. But, excessive inflammation can have serious long-term effects on the body. Inflammation can cause poor circulation throughout the body that in turn is connected to heart disease and Alzheimer’s disease.
Chronic inflammation is linked to cancer and an increased risk for developing diabetes. Inflammation is also tied to auto-immune disorders such as lupus and asthma. By consuming more Omega-3 you can help ward off many chronic diseases.
High Amounts of Vitamin D
Vitamin D is a nutrient that can be absorbed through sunlight, or it can be found in certain types of foods. This vitamin is vital to controlling mood, energy, and is necessary in absorbing calcium into the body. Chilean Sea Bass is high in Vitamin D.
Try this healthy sea bass recipe and discover a new fish to add to your diet.
Asian-Style Steamed Sea Bass Recipe
Try this quick and easy microwave preparation for any firm-textured fish, such as snapper, grouper, sea bass, or halibut. The small amount of dark sesame oil in the sauce goes a long way and lends a deep flavor to the fish.
Ingredients (makes 4 servings)
- ¼ cup minced cilantro or parsley
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons dark sesame oil
- 4 skinless striped bass fillets (6 ounces each)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
1. In a small bowl, combine the cilantro, scallions, ginger, and garlic. In another small bowl, stir together the soy sauce and sesame oil.
2. Place the fish in a large, microwave-safe dish and sprinkle with the salt. Cover loosely with plastic wrap. Microwave on high for 3 minutes. Rotate the plate and cook for 3 minutes more, or until the fish just flakes when tested with a fork.
3. Transfer the fish to serving plates. Pour any juices from the cooking plate into the soy sauce mixture and stir to combine. Sprinkle the scallion-ginger mixture over the fish and spoon the sauce on top.
Nutrition (per serving)
5g total fat
0g dietary fiber
A good source of: omega-3 fatty acids, selenium, vitamin B12, vitamin B6.
Click here for full sea bass recipe.