Looking for healthy pumpkin desserts? This one from Skinnytaste.com is perfect. It’s everything you love about pumpkin pie, made into a light and fluffy dip. Perfect for dipping apple wedges, graham crackers or gingersnaps.
Healthy Pumpkin Desserts
Craving something sweet? Do you love the taste of pumpkin? Trying to avoid making a pumpkin pie to satisfy your craving? Canned pureed pumpkin is just pumpkin; no added ingredients. Start with that healthy ingredient and try this recipe.
Pumpkin Pie Dip
Try this healthy pumpkin pie dip and add it to your repertoire of healthy pumpkin desserts.
INGREDIENTS (12 servings)
• 15 oz can pumpkin puree
• 3/4 cup brown sugar, unpacked
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
• 1/8 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice, or more to taste
• 6 oz 0% Greek yogurt
• 8 oz Truwhip or Cool Whip, frozen whipped topping, thawed
• cut up apples, for dipping
1. Mix pumpkin with brown sugar, vanilla and spices, blend well.
2. Mix in yogurt.
3. Fold in Truwhip or Cool Whip and chill in refrigerator until ready to eat.
4. To serve transfer to a serving dish or hollowed out pumpkin.
NUTRITION (per ½ cup serving)
Click here for healthy pumpkin pie recipe.