Healthy chickens tenders really do exist. They don’t have to be heavily breaded and deep fried. An easy way to make healthy chicken tenders is in an air fryer.
Healthy Air Fryer Chicken Tenders
Here is a quick and easy recipe for healthy chicken tenders. These crispy air fryer chicken tenders are golden and juicy, so easy to make and perfect for weeknight cooking.
Air Fryer Healthy Chicken Tenders
Ingredients (makes 4 servings)
▢12 chicken tenders , (1 1/4 lbs)
▢2 large eggs, beaten
▢1 teaspoon kosher salt
▢black pepper, to taste
▢1/2 cup seasoned breadcrumbs*
▢1/2 cup seasoned panko*
▢olive oil spray
▢lemon wedges, for serving
1. Season chicken with salt and pepper.
2. Place egg in a shallow bowl. In a second shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs and panko.
3. Dip chicken in the egg, then into the breadcrumb mixture and shake off excess and place on a large dish or cutting board. Spray both sides of the chicken generously with oil.
4. Preheat air fryer to 400F.
5. In batches, cook the chicken 5 to 6 minutes on each side, until the chicken is cooked through and crispy and golden on the outside. Serve with lemon wedges.
*For gluten-free swap out for gluten-free crumbs.
Nutrition (per serving of 2 tenders)
Calories: 291 kcal,
Carbohydrates: 16.5 g,
Protein: 38.5 g,
Fat: 7 g
Fiber: 1 g,
Sugar: 1.5 g
Click here to read full recipe for healthy chicken tenders.