Looking for a healthy chicken recipe? How about one that’s easy to make and takes only 35 minutes to cook? This healthy chicken recipe yields 4 servings.
Try this Healthy Chicken Recipe
This chicken stew has a bold ginger-flavored broth and provides a whole serving of dark leafy greens in each bowl. We tried it with frozen chopped mustard greens (available in large supermarkets) and it was even quicker to prepare and just as delicious. Serve with brown rice.
Hawaiian Ginger-Chicken Stew
• 1 tablespoon sesame oil, or canola oil
• 1 pound chicken tenders, cut into 1-inch pieces
• 1 2-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and cut into matchsticks or minced
• 4 cloves garlic thinly sliced
• 1/2 cup dry sherry
• 1 14-ounce can reduced-sodium chicken broth
• 1 1/2 cups water
• 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
• 1 teaspoon Asian red chili sauce, such as sriracha, or to taste
• 1 bunch mustard greens, or chard, stemmed and chopped (6-7 cups), or 2 cups frozen chopped mustard greens
1. Heat oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat.
2. Add chicken and cook, stirring occasionally, until just cooked through, about 6 minutes. Transfer to a plate with tongs.
3. Add ginger and garlic to the pot and cook until fragrant, about 10 seconds.
4. Add sherry and cook until mostly evaporated, scraping up any browned bits, 1 1/2 to 3 minutes.
5. Add broth and water, increase heat to high and bring to a boil. Boil for 5 minutes.
6. Add soy sauce, chili sauce and mustard greens (or chard) and cook until the greens are tender, about 3 minutes.
7. Return the chicken and any accumulated juices to the pot and cook until heated through, 1 to 2 minutes.
NUTRITION (per 1 cup serving)
Fat 6 g
Carbs 7 g
Fiber 3 g
Protein 27 g
Click here to get full healthy chicken recipe.