Here’s an excellent grilled halibut recipe. The warm spices, including paprika and cumin, add wonderful color and flavor to this easy grilled halibut. I made this and my husband loved it. This is now my go-to grilled halibut recipe.
Grilled Halibut Recipe
Ingredients (makes 2 servings)
• ▢2 tablespoons olive oil
• ▢2 garlic cloves minced
• ▢1 teaspoon lemon zest
• ▢½ teaspoon kosher salt or ¼ teaspoon of any other salt
• ▢¼ teaspoon black pepper
• ▢½ teaspoon smoked paprika
• ▢½ teaspoon ground cumin
• ▢2 (6 oz) halibut fillets ½-inch thick
1. In a small bowl, use a fork to mix the olive oil, garlic, lemon zest, kosher salt, black pepper, smoked paprika, and ground cumin.
2. Pat the halibut fillets dry with a paper towel. Coat them all over with the olive oil mixture. You can use a pastry brush or your hands.
3. Preheat a grill pan to medium-high and lightly grease it.
4. Grill the halibut over medium-high heat for 2 minutes per side, pressing gently on each fillet to make sure the fish has full contact with the pan.
5. Lower the heat to medium and keep cooking until the fish is cooked through and flakes easily with a fork, about 2 more minutes per side.
• Lemon zest is the outside, yellow part of its peel. The inner peel, which is white in color, is bitter, so you should avoid it when you zest the lemon.
• Grilled fish is delicious, but you don’t want it charred. Two reliable ways to prevent charring are to be vigilant about keeping the grill from getting too hot and to turn the fish often while it cooks.
• You can keep the leftovers in the fridge, in an airtight container, for up to 3 days. Reheat them gently, covered, in the microwave at 50% power.
Nutrition per Serving (one fillet)
Click here to get the full grilled halibut recipe.