Looking for green bean recipes? Here’s a healthy one from Skinnytaste.com. one of my favorite healthy cooking websites.
Some green bean recipes are loaded with oil and bacon. On the other hand, this simple side dish of Roasted Green Beans with Caramelized Onions pair wonderfully with Thanksgiving turkey, or can be made anytime of the year.
HEALTHY GREEN BEAN RECIPES
Why not give this easy and healthy green bean recipe with caramelized onions a try?
INGREDIENTS (makes 6 servings)
• 1 tablespoon extra virgin oil
• 2 large Vidalia Onions, about 1 1/4 lbs, peeled and sliced
• kosher salt and black pepper to taste
• 2 pounds green beans, trimmed
• olive oil spray
1. Preheat oven to 425F.
2. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and add the oil. Add onions, season with 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper.
3. Cook, stirring often until they begin to brown, about 10 minutes. Reduce heat to medium low and cook stirring until the onions are deep golden brown and soft, about 30 minutes.
4. Meanwhile place the green beans on a sheet pan and spritz all over with olive oil spray, 1/2 teaspoon salt and black pepper, to taste.
5. Bake until tender crisp, about 16 to 18 minutes, turning halfway.
6. roasted green beans
7. Transfer to a platter and top with caramelized onions. Serve hot.
Onions can be made ahead then reheated. Refrigerate for up to 4 days.
NUTRITION (per 1 cup serving)
Click here to get the full green bean recipe.