Avocado toast started to become a thing in about 2016. It’s easy to prepare, tastes good and nutritious. Now it’s on every breakfast and brunch menu.
AVOCADO TOAST WITH EGG (4 WAYS)
• 1 slice whole grain or gluten-free bread, toasted (I love Dave’s Killer Bread good seed, thin sliced)
• 1 oz mashed, 1/4 small haas avocado
• cooking spray
• 1 large egg
• kosher salt and black pepper to taste
• hot sauce or red pepper flakes, optional
- Mash the avocado in a small bowl and season with salt and pepper.
For Sunny Side Up Egg Option:
Heat a small nonstick skillet over low heat, when hot spray with oil and gently crack the egg into the skillet. Cover and cook until the egg sets and the yolk is to your liking.
Hard Boiled Egg Option:
I have several methods to make hard boiled eggs, you can make hard boiled eggs on the stove, air fryer hard boiled eggs, or instant pot hard boiled eggs.
Scrambled Egg Option:
Beat the egg in a small bowl with a fork and season with a pinch of salt. Heat a small nonstick skillet over low heat, when hot spray with oil and pour the egg into the skillet. When the edges start to set, gently fold the eggs until the eggs are cooked through, about 2-3 minutes.
Poached Egg Option:
Bring a small pot of water to a boil. Crack the egg into a small bowl. When the water is boiling stir 1 teaspoon of white vinegar into the water and stir in a circular motion to create a vortex. Lower the heat then carefully add the egg to the middle of the pot and cook for 3-4 minutes, until the yolk is cooked to your liking. Remove the egg with a slotted spoon and place on a paper towel.
To finish the avocado toast:
- Place mashed avocado over toast, top with egg, sprinkle with salt and pepper and/or hot sauce or red pepper flakes, if desired!
NUTRITION (per serving of 1 toast)
Calories: 229 cal
Click here to get full avocado toast recipe.