Air fryer Brussels sprouts have a wonderful crispiness and sweet flavor. I love roasting all my vegetables in my air fryer, but the oven also works for this recipe.
This recipe features air fryer Brussels sprouts. Brussels sprouts are very healthy and are showing up on restaurant menus all over the country. If you have tried them roasted, please do.
Brussels sprouts are in the cruciferous family — relatives of broccoli, cauliflower, collard greens, and kale. Only 1 to 2 inches across, they’re green and round, with tightly packed leaves.
When you prepare them the right way, Brussels sprouts have a mild, sweet, almost nutty flavor. I think the best way to eat them is to roast them. They come out crispy and the sugars caramelize, neutralizing the bitter flavor.
Brussels sprouts have a lot of a natural, sulfur-based substance which research shows may help prevent damage to your DNA that raises your chances of getting cancer. It may also stop new blood vessels from growing inside tumors.
Eating a lot of Brussels sprouts and other cruciferous veggies may help protect against cancers of the stomach, lungs, kidney, breast, bladder, and prostate.
Crunchy veggies like Brussels sprouts may also help you stave off other health issues, such as high blood pressure, high cholesterol, heart disease, and diabetes. Brussels sprouts also have carotenoids, colorful pigments found in plants, which are good for your eyes.
Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts with Parmesan
These crispy Parmesan Brussels Sprouts roast on a sheet pan with grated parmesan cheese and spices and are done in 30 minutes.
Ingredients (serves 4)
▢1 pound brussels sprouts, stems removed
▢3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
▢1 teaspoon garlic powder
▢1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
▢1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
▢3/4 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more for topping
▢olive oil spray
1. Preheat the oven to 400F. Cut the brussels sprouts in half.
2. In a bowl combine olive oil, garlic powder, Italian seasoning and salt with the Brussels sprouts.
3. Place parchment on the sheet pan, spray generously with olive oil and coat the bottom of the sheet pan with fresh grated parmesan cheese, leaving an inch all around the edge.
4. Place the Brussels over the Parmesan cheese, cut side down, keeping them close together.
5. Bake in the center of the oven, 25 to 30 minutes, depending on the size of the Brussels, until the bottoms are golden and crisp and the they are tender when pierced with a knife.
Nutrition (per serving)
Calories: 163 kcal,
Carbohydrates: 12 g,
Protein: 5.5 g,
Fat: 12 g
Fiber: 4.5 g,
Sugar: 2.5 g
Click here to get full air fryer Brussels sprouts recipe.