Looking for an easy salmon recipe? Salmon is one of the most nutrient-dense foods on the planet. It contains high-quality protein and a variety of nutrients, including large amounts of vitamin D, selenium, and B vitamins.
Studies show that people who regularly eat fatty fish, such as salmon, have a lower risk of diseases like heart disease, dementia, and depression.
Easy Salmon Recipe
This easy, delicious Sheet Pan Teriyaki Salmon and Vegetables from Skinnytaste.com is made all on one sheet pan and ready in 20 minutes.
Sheet Pan Teriyaki Salmon and Vegetables
Ingredients (makes 2 servings)
• 2 cups bite-size broccoli florets
• 10 mini sweet rainbow peppers (seeded and halved)
• 1 tablespoon sesame oil
• ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
• Freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
• 2 (4-ounce) wild salmon filets
• 1 teaspoon sesame oil
• 1 garlic clove (grated)
• ½ teaspoon grated ginger
• 2 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce (or gluten-free soy sauce)
• 1 teaspoon unseasoned rice vinegar
• 1 teaspoon brown sugar
• ½ teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
• 1 large scallion (chopped)
1. Preheat oven to 400F degrees. Cover a large sheet pan with foil or parchment, lightly spray olive oil and set aside.
2. Meanwhile, combine sesame oil, garlic, ginger, soy sauce, vinegar and brown sugar in a small bowl and mix. Pour into a large Ziplock bag and add salmon, marinate 10 minutes.
3. In a medium bowl, toss broccoli and peppers with 1 tablespoon sesame oil, ¼ teaspoon salt and pepper. Spread them evenly on prepared sheet pan and roast for 10 minutes.
4. Remove veggies from oven, toss, and move them over slightly to make room for the salmon. Place the salmon on the sheet pan, reserving the marinade and return to oven, roast an additional 7 to 8 minutes, or until salmon is just cooked through.
5. While salmon is cooking, heat a small skillet over low heat. Pour the remaining marinade and simmer stirring until the sauce has thickened slightly, about 1 to 1 1/2 minutes.
6. Brush sauce over salmon and sprinkle fillets with sesame seeds and scallions. Serve with veggies on the side.
Nutrition (for 1 filet and 1 cup veggies)
Click here for this easy salmon recipe.