Grilled swordfish is easy to prepare and this simple marinade adds a lot of flavor.
Try this simple grilled swordfish with garlic soy marinade recipe to make an easy and tasty dinner.
GRILLED SWORDFISH WITH GARLIC SOY MARINADE
INGREDIENTS (serves 3)
• 1 swordfish steak, 10 to 12 ozs, about 1.25 inches thick
• 3 tbsp soy sauce, preferably lower sodium (use tamari to cut down on sodium)
• 1 garlic clove, minced
• 1 tbsp olive oil
• 1 tsp brown rice vinegar
• 1 tsp honey
• generous pinch ground ginger
1. Preheat the grill to medium high.
2. Combine all the marinade ingredients in a bowl: soy sauce, garlic clove, olive oil, brown rice vinegar, honey and ginger.
3. Gently toss the swordfish with the soy garlic mixture so that it well-coated, and let the fish rest in the marinade for about 5 minutes.
4. Remove the swordfish from the marinade, scraping the larger bits of garlic off–leaving a bit on is good though. Reserve the marinade. Place the swordfish on the grill on direct, medium-high heat, and cover.
5. Grill for 6 minutes, then flip it to the other side. Brush some of the reserved marinade to coat the cooked side of the fish. Grill for another 6 minutes. This timing was perfect for our swordfish, but check for doneness as cooking time will vary based on the heat of your grill and size of the swordfish. Don’t overcook the fish–it should be cooked through but still nice and moist.
6. When cooked to your liking, remove the swordfish from the grill and place on platter to rest for a few minutes. Cut into serving portions, plate and enjoy.
• Get the marinade ingredients together, then add the swordfish.
• 12 minutes of total grilling time worked well for us, but your time may vary based on the heat of the grill and thickness of your swordfish.
• Marinades should never be used as an uncooked sauce for your food. In the this recipe, a bit of the reserved marinade is applied mid-cooking, allowing a chance it to be cooked through.
NUTRITION (per 4 oz serving)
Total Fat 12.3g
Total Carbohydrate 3.5g
Dietary Fiber 0.2g
Click here for full grilled swordfish recipe.