Healthy oatmeal recipes can be a godsend when you wake up and have only 10 minutes to make breakfast.
According to Harvard Health, eating healthy oatmeal recipes may have the following health benefits including:
• Avoiding Heart Disease
• Avoiding Diabetes
• Weight Control
• Digestive Health
Peach Cobbler Oatmeal
Peach cobbler oatmeal is an easy and delicious breakfast ready in less than 10 minutes. Fresh peaches, cinnamon, nutmeg and brown sugar create an oatmeal that the entire family will love. Add this quick recipe to your list of healthy oatmeal recipes.
Ingredients (4 servings)
• 3 1/2 cups water
• pinch of salt
• 2 1/2 cups rolled oats
• 2 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
• pinch of nutmeg
• 2 large peaches, chopped
• 3 to 4 tablespoons light brown sugar
• 1/4 cup chopped pecans , for garnish; if desired
1. In a large saucepan over medium heat, add water and salt. Bring to a boil.
2. Add oats, cinnamon and nutmeg and stir to combine.
3. Cook for 4 minutes, or until oatmeal thickens.
4. Add peaches and brown sugar and cook one additional minute.
5. Serve immediately and garnish with pecans, if desired.
• Add additional light brown sugar as desired.
• This recipe makes a thick oatmeal. If you would like creamier oatmeal add milk as desired.
Nutrition (per serving)
Click here to get the full recipe to add to your healthy oatmeal recipes.