A healthy eating plan can certainly include dessert. Rather than eating a treat made with lots of flour, butter and sugar, why not try something new? Here’s a tasty, easy to make dessert with a secret healthy ingredient—avocados.
Avocados contain the type of healthy fat that is part of a healthy eating plan. They contain more potassium than bananas, are loaded with heart-healthy monounsaturated fatty acids and fiber, and are high in protective antioxidants. They are loaded with healthy nutrients, including vitamins B5, B6, C, E, K, and folate. The fat in the avocado will also keep you feeling full longer.
“Just Say No” to the chocolate cake and try this healthy dessert recipe.
Healthy Eating Plan Recipe for Fudgy Pudding Pops
Ingredients (makes 10)
• 2 1/2 cups unsweetened chocolate almond milk
• 1/2 cup coconut sugar
• 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
• 1 tablespoon cornstarch
• 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
• 1 ripe avocado, peeled and pitted
• 1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
• Dash of salt
1. Combine milk, sugar, cocoa and cornstarch in a pan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, whisking. Cook until mixture thickens, about 1 minute. Remove from heat. Whisk in chocolate until melted. Fill a large bowl with ice. Place pan in ice; let cool, stirring, until mixture is cold, about 20 minutes.
2. Transfer mixture to a blender. Add avocado flesh, vanilla and salt; process until smooth. Divide mixture among 10 (½-cup) pop molds. Insert pop sticks and freeze until firm, about 3 hours.
Nutrition (per pop)
Click here for this healthy eating plan recipe for fudgy pudding pops